Firstly I must apologise to all of those people who have posted information regarding the continued development of get_iplayer which I hadn’t approved on the comment threads. Well, here is the information which I have summarised below:
- get_iplayer appears to have been taken over by several other developers. One of the strengths of free open source software is that anyone can ‘fork’ a project as long as they abide by the license conditions (get_iplayer was released under the GPLv3).
- The most active and up to date fork, which seems to work the best, is maintained by David Woodhouse at: http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer/html/get_iplayer.html
- There is a mailing list at http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/get_iplayer
- A windows installer is available at this site.
- Fedora users will be pleased to know that get_iplayer is now available in RPM Fusion repos.