[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead
Linuxcentre • View topic - [solved] No output to web gui until invalid option removed

[solved] No output to web gui until invalid option removed

Bring out the bugs.

[solved] No output to web gui until invalid option removed

Postby Britcay » 23 Jan 2010 22:02

Hi - just updated from .59 to .65 and got a strange error. All of the display in the web gui was being redirected into the cmd service window (search results, PVRlist etc)

For example searching (the default, full list) returned no results in the web gui. Similarly, selecting PVRlist wouldnt display anything at all (but again returned my list of items in the PVR service cmd window)

I noticed that a "Warning" existed in the first section of the PVD service window, referring to the programdata "options" file (itvthread something or other, I'd not seen that before, didnt even know it ever worked for itv). Once this bad option was removed, everything started working fine.

Just thought I should pass it on - great work btw, severely love this little app!!

Andy

Sample PVR Service output here, I substituted the itvthread option for DAFTOPTION and it fails with the same error as described. Once removed, all is fine.

DEBUG: Command: ".\get_iplayer.cmd" --nopurge --nocopyright --listplugins
WARNING: Ignoring invalid option in C:\ProgramData/get_iplayer/options: 'DAFTOPTION = TRUE'
INFO: Please remove and use 'get_iplayer --dump-options' to display all valid options
localfiles,livetv,tv,liveradio,podcast,radio
INFO: Listening on 127.0.0.1:1935
Britcay

Re: No output to web gui until invalid option removed

Postby linuxcentre » 23 Jan 2010 23:28

Hi Andy,

Thanks - you've uncovered a bug now fixed in 2.66 just released.
The problem was that the invalid options are now skipped as opposed to making get_iplayer abort. Unfortunately the output was set to stderr prior to the error message (to stop pvr emailing the error every time) and it wasn't set back to stdout.
linuxcentre
Site Admin

Re: No output to web gui until invalid option removed

Postby Britcay » 25 Jan 2010 03:20

Now that's a fast response - fixed an hour and a half after reporting! (wish my dev team fixed bugs this quickly)

thanks muchly

:-D
Britcay

Return to bugs