[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead
Linuxcentre • View topic - flashaudio conversion to MP3 fails

flashaudio conversion to MP3 fails

Bring out the bugs.

flashaudio conversion to MP3 fails

Postby vaiodon » 07 Mar 2010 11:18

Problem with recording BBC flashaudio files.

get_iplayer v2.72

I've encountered this on Windows XP SP3 and Ubuntu 9.04, the conversion fails in mplayer's post download conversion. The download is successful as the FLV file plays in Totem if I specify raw option on download

The mplayer output is brief:
MPlayer SVN-r29375-4.3.3 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team

Playing /media/Black/iPlayer-Radio/The_Late_Show_with_Cherrie_McIlwaine_-_03_03_2010_b00r5gj7_default.partial.mp3.flv.
libavformat file format detected.
[lavf] Audio stream found, -aid 0
Core dumped ;)

I can also play the FLV successfully using mplayer.

Is there a simple workaround with ffmpeg to extract the MP3 from the FLV container?

TIA.
vaiodon

Re: flashaudio conversion to MP3 fails

Postby linuxcentre » 07 Mar 2010 14:21

Well have you actually looked at the resulting mp3 file mplayer generates? Even though I get the 'core dumped' error it demuxes to mp3 fine every time for me... It's just an ignorable error.

ffmpeg; not that worked reliably - that may have improved now.
linuxcentre
Site Admin

Re: flashaudio conversion to MP3 fails

Postby vaiodon » 07 Mar 2010 15:55

Yes, I tried to play the MP3 but it was just noise.

I'll try a downloading this week's three programs again & update.
vaiodon

Return to bugs