[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead
Linuxcentre • View topic - Mac install help

Mac install help

Help for using get_iplayer

Re: Mac install help

Postby Anna » 23 Feb 2010 17:28

http://www.canyouseeme.org/ says that port 80 is not blocked, but it still won't work.

I don't really understand what you mean when you say "port 80 outbound to linuxcentre.net"
Anna

Postby jsokolow » 26 Feb 2010 16:39

Okay, I got the computer to recognize the get_iplayer.cgi file, and now I can see 127.0.0.1:1935. Thanks again!

But, the page doesn't display properly (no check boxes to choose between tv & radio), and no matter what I do, it doesn't list any programs. When I run get_iplayer in terminal, it gets the whole list of "index feeds", but in Firefox it never finds anything, even if I do "refresh cache" etc.

Jennifer
jsokolow

Postby impressed1 » 26 Feb 2010 16:58

Jennifer, that's a bit beyond my experience here :-( But that could be get_iplayer.cgi failing to serve up the correct webpage, or it could be firefox misinterpreting the webpage it gets. Does get_iplayer.cgi complain about anything when it starts up? I did have a problem with it in the past (I forget what) but it did print quite a sensible error message on the terminal where I started it. Now that get_iplayer.cgi is running, when I access it with firefox to display the listings, it prints this lot on the terminal:
Code: Select all
GET: /
DEBUG: get_iplayer options: "modes=flashhd,flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal,iphone,flashaudio,flashaac,realaudio" "force=0" "refreshfuture=0" "future=0" "subtitles=0" "fields=name" "type=tv,radio" "search=.*" "history=0" "versionlist=default" "hide=0" "thumb=0" "skipdeleted=0" "nopurge=1" "listformat=ENTRY|<index>|<thumbnail>|<pid>|<available>|<type>|<name>|<episode>|<versions>|<duration>|<desc>|<channel>|<categories>|<timeadded>|<guidance>|<web>|<seriesnum>|<episodenum>|<filename>|<mode>" "page=1" "pagesize=10" "sortreverse=1" "sortmatches=episode"
INFO: Command: <my_directory>/get_iplayer --nocopyright --expiry=999999999 --webrequest modes%3Dflashhd%2Cflashvhigh%2Cflashhigh%2Cflashstd%2Cflashnormal%2Ciphone%2Cflashaudio%2Cflashaac%2Crealaudio?force%3D0?refreshfuture%3D0?future%3D0?subtitles%3D0?fields%3Dname?type%3Dtv%2Cradio?search%3D.%2A?history%3D0?versionlist%3Ddefault?hide%3D0?thumb%3D0?skipdeleted%3D0?nopurge%3D1?listformat%3DENTRY%7C%3Cindex%3E%7C%3Cthumbnail%3E%7C%3Cpid%3E%7C%3Cavailable%3E%7C%3Ctype%3E%7C%3Cname%3E%7C%3Cepisode%3E%7C%3Cversions%3E%7C%3Cduration%3E%7C%3Cdesc%3E%7C%3Cchannel%3E%7C%3Ccategories%3E%7C%3Ctimeadded%3E%7C%3Cguidance%3E%7C%3Cweb%3E%7C%3Cseriesnum%3E%7C%3Cepisodenum%3E%7C%3Cfilename%3E%7C%3Cmode%3E?page%3D1?pagesize%3D10?sortreverse%3D1?sortmatches%3Depisode

Does yours look like that?
impressed1

Postby impressed1 » 26 Feb 2010 17:04

Anna wrote:http://www.canyouseeme.org/ says that port 80 is not blocked, but it still won't work.
I don't really understand what you mean when you say "port 80 outbound to linuxcentre.net"

That just means that port 80 - the usual port for communicating webpages - can send information to the website linuxcentre.net. That would be entirely normal and it sounds as though this isn't a firewall problem. I 'm stumped. You need someone more familiar with perl to help, I think. Then you could type in commands to mimic the detail of the accesses that get_iplayer makes, and see what happens in a very limited environment. But I don't know how to do that.
impressed1

Postby linuxcentre » 26 Feb 2010 17:41

jsokolow wrote:Okay, I got the computer to recognize the get_iplayer.cgi file, and now I can see 127.0.0.1:1935. Thanks again!

But, the page doesn't display properly (no check boxes to choose between tv & radio), and no matter what I do, it doesn't list any programs. When I run get_iplayer in terminal, it gets the whole list of "index feeds", but in Firefox it never finds anything, even if I do "refresh cache" etc.

Jennifer

Make sure you are not running a firefox script blocker like NoScript...
linuxcentre
Site Admin

Postby jsokolow » 01 Mar 2010 04:15

I disabled on my Firefox add-ons, but nothing changed. I looked at the Terminal code and saw numerous times: "index failed at get_iplayer.cgi line 1606". I went back to get_iplayer.cgi and line 1606 is

Code: Select all
$procid = open3( gensym, $from, $error, @cmd );

but I don't know cgi so this is meaningless to me.

Right now I'm downloading programs on a PC and copying it to my Mac, but I'd really like to get this working directly on the Mac...

Jennifer
jsokolow

Previous

Return to help