[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead
Linuxcentre • View topic - [solved] Using the Command Prompt

[solved] Using the Command Prompt

Help for using get_iplayer

[solved] Using the Command Prompt

Postby Rodrigo » 18 Feb 2010 15:07

I thought I knew a thing or two about the command prompt of many years ago!

However, I am ashamed to say that I have got into an awful mess:-

1) I foolishly opted for full screen and now I can't get back to a normal window.

2) Worst still, when I enter what I think to be a command and press ENTER, I get
the error message ".......not recognized as an internal or external command....."

If some kind soul could put me straight, I would be most grateful and promise not
to do this too often.
Rodrigo

Re: Using the Command Prompt

Postby Jahana » 19 Feb 2010 20:44

1] What OS? If it's Windows, then click on the pink icon in the top left of the command prompt window and choose Properties. You'll be able to set the option in there. You might have to do this every time unless you change your preferences, but how to do that is beyond me. :oops:

2] Are you typing get_iplayer first? Your command should look something like

Code: Select all
get_iplayer -modes=flashhigh --get 234
Jahana

Postby PeteH » 20 Feb 2010 10:54

Rodrigo wrote:...1) I foolishly opted for full screen and now I can't get back to a normal window.

Does Alt-Enter bring it back to a window?

Alternatively, assuming Windows, there should be a 'command line option' you can use to open the command prompt windowed and then you can set that as default by clicking the top-left icon and choosing 'properties' and 'all windows' when you save

(sorry, running Linux at the moment, so can't give the exact info)
PeteH

Postby Rodrigo » 20 Feb 2010 11:18

Many thanks Jahana, I am most grateful for your assistance.

No, I was NOT typing "get_iplayer" in front of the commands! No wonder they were not working.

I am still stuck with Full Screen, but now I can access commands I feel sure I will find a solution.

If all else fails, I will re-install from scratch.

Thanks again for taking the trouble to help me. No one else did.
Rodrigo

Postby Jahana » 20 Feb 2010 12:35

Reinstalling is probably the easiest option. it's how I solve a lot of problems. :lol:
Jahana

Postby Rodrigo » 20 Feb 2010 15:49

Thank you Pete - Alt + Enter works a treat and has brought me back to a normal-sized window.

I would never have thought of that. Now I can start again.

Jahana and Pete between them have saved my bacon! Hope springs eternal.....
Rodrigo

Return to help