[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead
Linuxcentre • View topic - [solved] iphone radio download stopped working

[solved] iphone radio download stopped working

Help for using get_iplayer

[solved] iphone radio download stopped working

Postby Andy » 19 Feb 2010 01:43

Hi

Has anything changed with iPlayer's iphone radio downloads? Earlier this week,
Code: Select all
get_iplayer --type=radio --get Tribes

downloaded the MP3 files
    The_Tribes_of_Science_-_1._Computer_Programmers_b00lxvl7_default.mp3
    The_Tribes_of_Science_-_2._The_Zoologists_b00m0jvx_default.mp3
without any problems. Today, repeating the same command to fetch the remaining two episodes, although it says "4 Matching Programmes" as expected, I just get some errors about some codec not being found ("Cannot find codec for audio format 0x6B6F6F63.") and it tries to save it as a wav. Even adding the --force option to try and download the existing two files again produces the same errors. However, I notice that in the list of modes being tried, iphone (which was first before) no longer appears and it's attempting to download the files as realaudio. If I add --modes iphone to the command, it just gives a message saying "No specified modes (iphone) available".
Has something changed at the BBC's end to break this? I find it hard to believe they'd have switched off the iphone support all of a sudden. Indeed, http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlist/b00lxvl7/The_Tribes_of_Science_Computer_Programmers/ shows a default version with identifier="b00lxvh6"; http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/4/mtis/stream/b00lxvh6 shows an entry for mp3
Code: Select all
<media kind="audio" expires="2010-02-22T16:02:00+00:00" bitrate="128" service="iplayer_uk_stream_mp3" type="audio/mpeg" encoding="mp3">
<connection priority="10" kind="akamai" server="cp48186.edgefcs.net" identifier="mp3:secure/radio4/RBN2_radio_4_fm_-_monday_1545_b00lxvh6_2010_02_15_16_32_15" authString="dbEcPd0babjaVdWdZbsbwaOcAbfcocnbEbV-blFERC-c0-d0i_-CqnEAoFnMEvHoxK"/>
</media>

so how can I get get_iplayer to download it? I've done a --update so I'm using the latest version of get_iplayer (2.66).
Andy

Re: iphone radio download stopped working

Postby linuxcentre » 19 Feb 2010 10:01

You haven't said what OS etc you are using per Forum Rules.
iphone radio mode seems to have gone awol. Maybe it will get fixed - maybe they have changed it??
The mode you mention is called 'flashaudio' in get_iplayer. You need to have flvstreamer and a working ffmpeg to get this and it is identical to the iphone mp3 stream.
Note that on some versions of Ubuntu ffmpeg is not compiled with the corret codec support.
linuxcentre
Site Admin

Postby The Underdoug » 19 Feb 2010 15:26

I note that po-ru's ipdl v1.14 is still working with iphone radio download whilst using the same b00xxx reference with get_iplayer attempts to try another mode.
The Underdoug

Postby linuxcentre » 19 Feb 2010 22:46

Hi, It's fixed now see: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=135
The BBC removed some iphone stream data from their metadata that get_iplayer used. I've reverted back to the way Paul does it now - less elegant but at least it works for now :-)
linuxcentre
Site Admin

Re: [solved] iphone radio download stopped working

Postby The Underdoug » 24 Feb 2010 11:08

It seems that iphone radio mode has gone on the blink.

I've tried this in widows (XP command prompt)

get_iplayer --pid b00qttpp --force

the program was found in the list, but the INFO: No specified modes (iphone,flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal) available for this programme etc. message popped up followed by ERROR: Failed to record, etc.

Or is it just me?

Once again, po-ru's ipdl works using the b00qttpp link.

Cheers
The Underdoug

Postby linuxcentre » 24 Feb 2010 12:13

The Underdoug wrote:It seems that iphone radio mode has gone on the blink.

I've tried this in widows (XP command prompt)

get_iplayer --pid b00qttpp --force

the program was found in the list, but the INFO: No specified modes (iphone,flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal) available for this programme etc. message popped up followed by ERROR: Failed to record, etc.

Or is it just me?

Once again, po-ru's ipdl works using the b00qttpp link.

Cheers

Nope, works on all my systems.. Maybe it's your setup...
linuxcentre
Site Admin

Postby The Underdoug » 24 Feb 2010 12:25

Thanks for the cross-check. I'll have another go on another system later.

Cheers.
The Underdoug

Postby Jahana » 24 Feb 2010 13:30

It's working on XP here, too.
Jahana

Postby The Underdoug » 24 Feb 2010 16:13

My bad.
Sorry
:oops:
The Underdoug