[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead
Linuxcentre • View topic - [solved] Podcast recording not working?

[solved] Podcast recording not working?

Bring out the bugs.

[solved] Podcast recording not working?

Postby jamescook » 11 Feb 2010 17:44

Is it just me or is podcast recording broken?
This was working fine until 18/Jan (last podcast I have)

Command Line:
Code: Select all
>perl get_iplayer.pl --profiledir=. --type=podcast "books and authors" --get

Debug output and error message:
versions:       default
web:            http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qp6p

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
Can't use string ("1/8") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at get_iplayer
.pl line 3993.

Lines of code:
         # record prog depending on the prog type

# only use modes that exist
         my @modes;
            Line 3993---->   my @available_modes = sort keys %{ $prog->{streams}->{$version} };
                                  for my $modename ( split /,/, $modelist ) {
            # find all numbered modes starting with this modename
            push @modes, sort { $a cmp $b } grep /^$modename(\d+)?$/, @available_modes;
         }

Using 2.66 and latest plugins, Vista Business.
I don't have any modes set in the options file (I did have some set in the past).
I'm outside the UK.

James
jamescook

Re: Podcast recording not working?

Postby linuxcentre » 11 Feb 2010 22:14

This is due to a bug in the older installer which got caught out by the microsoft UAC virtualstore redirection.
The easiest way to sove this is to completely reinstall using the latest get_iplayer installer. This will clean up the virtualstore nonsense and then your latest plugins will be seen. Currently you are using new get_iplayer with old plugins.
linuxcentre
Site Admin

Return to bugs