[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead
Linuxcentre • View topic - [solved] PVR misses some programmes

[solved] PVR misses some programmes

Help for using get_iplayer

[solved] PVR misses some programmes

Postby Mark » 24 Jan 2010 13:37

Thanks for a great program. Just one problem though:
Sometimes the PVR feature does not record a programme. For example it never records "Just A Minute" broadcast on Radio 4. Most programmes record fine. I added this programme in exactly the same way as all the others. Looking at the PVR web page it does not even attempt to record "Just A Minute".
Mark

Re: PVR misses some programmes

Postby linuxcentre » 24 Jan 2010 23:21

Cannot help you until you post more info. Please see forum rules also.
linuxcentre
Site Admin

Postby Mark » 25 Jan 2010 20:22

Sorry I missed the OS and version. OS is XP SP2. I just updated get_iplayer to the latest version but I don't know to check what version it is. The problem still exists.

I use the web PVR function. I click on Search where I can find the programme I want to get. I have about 20 programmes listed for series download. Most work fine. I added "Just A Minute" (Radio 4) to the list in the same way. When the PVR runs it does not find any matches for this programme despite there being a programme every week. I can download the programme manually via the command line.

If you need more information please ask because I am not sure what else I can tell you.
Mark

Postby JohnDinton » 26 Jan 2010 19:09

I've looked at the latest episode of Just a Minute, and I can't see anything about it which would prevent its downloading in the PVR. I don't use the Web PVR, but I've looked at what it generates for Just a Minute and although it's different from what I'm used to seeing, I can't see anything wrong with it.

When you say looking at the PVR web page it does not even attempt to download Just a Minute, are you saying that when you click on the PVR List button no entry has been created for the programme? What happens when you click on the Search button and search for the programme? What text have you put in the Search box? What did you select from the Search in drop-down list? Have you ticked the BBC Radio box? Do you get an error message when you click on the Add Search to PVR button?

When are you doing this in relation to the broadcast of the programme? Using the command line version of get_iplayer, --pvradd will allow searches to be added for programmes which are not yet in the index. --pvrqueue (for once only downloads) will not. Given the amount of information it displays, I suspect, but don't know, that the Web PVR will only allow programmes in the index to be added. If you are trying to add the programme immediately after the broadcast it may be that the previous episode has been removed but the latest has not yet been added, in which case there will be no programme of that name in the index. What happens if you try again now?
JohnDinton

Postby JohnDinton » 26 Jan 2010 19:44

Ignore what I said in the last paragraph. Web PVR does allow searches for programmes which are not yet in the index to be added.
JohnDinton

Postby Mark » 26 Jan 2010 20:49

The search for "Just a Minute" is in the PVR list. It displays as "_Just_a_Minute__name_radio". When the PVR runs it lists each search in turn. For the other searches if the programme is found it runs flvstreamer to download it. If a new programme is not found it just goes onto the next search. For "Just a Minute" it always goes onto the next one without downloading the programme even if there is a new episode to download. I can download the episode manually (if I remember).

Here is an excerpt from the PVR web page. See that it does not download "Just A Minute"
Code: Select all
_I_m_Sorry_I_Haven_t_A_Clue__Series_52__name_radio
_In_One_Ear__name_radio
_In_the_Red__name_radio
_Just_a_Minute__name_radio
_Punt_and_Dennis__It_s_Been_a_Bad_Week__Series_1__name_radio

It works for all the other programmes I have added to the PVR.

I am not using the command line for this, but the web interface.
Mark

Postby JohnDinton » 27 Jan 2010 10:30

When you click on Add Search to PVR it takes you to a page which begins Added PVR Search. There is then some text in Courier which begins INFO:. Can you copy that Courier text. Also in the table below what are the entries in the other fields on the line that has _Just_a_Minute__name_radio in the PVR Search field?

The PVR will not download an episode you have already downloaded manually, even if the previous download was in another mode. On the command line to overcome this you can add --force and then either rename the downloaded file or add --overwrite. I don't know how you do the same thing in the Web PVR.
JohnDinton

Postby JohnDinton » 27 Jan 2010 11:17

What happens if you go to the Web PVR home page, click on Recording Options, select Force Recording On, and enter your search again?
JohnDinton

Postby Mark » 27 Jan 2010 17:35

Code: Select all
INFO: Saving PVR search '_Just_a_Minute_Series_56_name_radio':
   fields name
   modes flashaachigh,flashaacstd,flashaudio,flashhigh,iphone,flashstd,flashnormal,realaudio,flashaaclow
   subtitles 0
   thumb 0
   type radio
   versionlist default
   search0 ^Just a Minute: Series 56$
Mark

Postby linuxcentre » 27 Jan 2010 18:31

That works just fine for me in the PVR. What prefs do you have set? Do a 'get_iplayer --showopt xxxxxxx' and paste if you can.
linuxcentre
Site Admin

Next

Return to help