[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead
Linuxcentre • View topic - [solved] HD Programmes in the PVR

[solved] HD Programmes in the PVR

Help for using get_iplayer

Re: HD Programmes in the PVR

Postby linuxcentre » 24 Jan 2010 11:16

Where can I set this as an option in Web PVR? When I select record for a program I see that its one of many modes that are listed in the mode List - is this list editable?

See the Recording Modes list under 'Recording Options'.
linuxcentre
Site Admin

Postby GrahamP » 07 Feb 2010 15:51

APB wrote:I'm a newbie with Web PVR so apologies if I have missed this in the documentation. An above reply said
GrahamP wrote:Alternatively, using Web PVR you just include FLASHD as the only recording option for the programs you wish to have in that format

Where can I set this as an option in Web PVR? When I select record for a program I see that its one of many modes that are listed in the mode List - is this list editable?
Allan

Within the WEB PVR screen (after you have insatlled it of course) there is a Recording Tab. Within that is a Recording Modes option. It is that I set to FLASHHD only when I only want HD recordings.
Be careful as you will have to reset this each time you add a programme/series for recording, or their default recording mode will not be found.
Each time you add to the PVR those settings in use at the time in the gui will be used to help record it.

PS you can edit the PVR recording directly if this did not get saved correctly the first time you do this - see the PVR list in C:\Documents and Settings\<windows logon>\.get_iplayer\pvr
GrahamP

Postby linuxcentre » 07 Feb 2010 16:17

Or you can also edit the entry in the PVR List by just clicking the entry.
linuxcentre
Site Admin

Postby Grahamp » 21 Feb 2010 17:12

Many thanks...i missed that little doozy...
now if only i could get the pvr series record to start from an episode (so all old episodes i captured before my xp rebuild are excluded) - next topic :twisted:
Grahamp

Postby linuxcentre » 21 Feb 2010 17:28

You need to find the file on your old XP system called download.history and then copy it to the new system. (you could open in wordpad and concatenate the old and new files)
linuxcentre
Site Admin

Re: [solved] HD Programmes in the PVR

Postby andy » 24 Feb 2010 08:51

There's a new issue I've just bumped in to regarding this. The beeb have seen fit to play out the last episode of Survivors on BBC 1, but delay the broadcast of it on BBC HD until tomorrow. This means that even the --before option wouldn't be a great help - unless I was to delay recording by a couple of days.

Is there a way that episodes from BBC HD (or simply anything in >=720p format) could be made to override previously downloaded episodes? That way, if a programme you've already downloaded in SD were specified as a HD download as well, it would be refetched when the HD version became available.
andy

Re: [solved] HD Programmes in the PVR

Postby linuxcentre » 24 Feb 2010 09:54

you could use your normal search with usual list of modes and then

get_iplayer --multimode --modes=flashhd ...

this will then record the flashhd mode whenever it gets released and ignore the history for the other modes.

You could just use:

get_iplayer --force --modes=flashhd ...

but this would be annoying in that it would always attempt a recording even after the flashhd one was recorded and would make for a much slower and inefficient PVR run.
linuxcentre
Site Admin

Postby JohnDinton » 24 Feb 2010 11:22

APB wrote:Where can I set this as an option in Web PVR? When I select record for a program I see that its one of many modes that are listed in the mode List - is this list editable?
Allan

There are two ways you can do it.
1. Click the Recording (not Recordings) tab. In Recording Modes enter the modes you want. Click Save As Default. Those modes will apply for entries added to the PVR from then on.
2. For entries already in the PVR, click PVR List. As Phil has already said, if you click on an entry you can edit it.

While the Olympics are on, many programmes are not being transmitted in HD, which means the HD mode is not in iPlayer. To safeguard against not getting the download at all you can set Recording Modes or --modes flashhd,flashvhigh. Some programmes are being transmitted in HD later and the HD mode will not be in iPlayer until the programme has been transmitted on the HD Channel.
JohnDinton

Previous

Return to help