[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead
Linuxcentre • View topic - Downloads failing since Thursday 19th

Downloads failing since Thursday 19th

Help for using get_iplayer

Re: Downloads failing since Thursday 19th

Postby linuxcentre » 28 Feb 2010 20:48

Yes I'd like to see the verbose output. It could be that the partial file is corrupted somehow and the retries are just failing as a result.
BTW: 1hr of HD is around 1.4GB so yes, 50 attempts @ 1min each will not help you if you only get 400MB per hour! Try a higher number. Some ISP's do throttle iPlayer but I wasn't aware that eclipse was one of them. It might just be congestion of course - maybe try an off-peak recording.
linuxcentre
Site Admin

Postby Chris_BBR » 28 Feb 2010 22:17

linuxcentre wrote:It might just be congestion of course - maybe try an off-peak recording.

Already tried at 1.30 this morning (Sunday) to no avail.

However, things get curiouser and curiouser. Since my previous post I've tried various options, first forcing mode to 'flasshd1' rather than just 'flashhd' and getting the same behaviour - keeping a closer eye on it, it produced 180 seconds (70MB) in the first 20 minutes (which is comparable to my uninterrupted flashvhigh download), then that endless looping until failure.

However, I then forced mode to 'flashhd2' and, in the 30 minutes it's been running, I've had no interruptions and 140 MB (400 seconds) downloaded so far!

Thanks for your help so far - I'll post an activity log for a failed 'flashhd/flashhd1' attempt tomorrow when the current download has finished.

Cheers, Chris
Chris_BBR

Postby Chris_BBR » 01 Mar 2010 08:09

As promised, the activity log for a failed flashhd1 download is available here. It'll be there until the end of the month.

It was generated from the following command:

Code: Select all
./get_iplayer --modes=flashhd1 --type=tv --flvstreamer="./flvstreamer-2.1c1" --output "tmp" --whitespace --metadata generic --pid b00qhqr8 --attempts=50 --verbose > tmp/b00qhqr8.log 2>&1

and this one loops between 9 and 15 seconds of the recording until it runs out of attempts. As before, however, changing to flashhd2 is running without a hitch.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers, Chris
Chris_BBR

Postby JohnDinton » 01 Mar 2010 10:07

Has anyone else noticed that in the last 36 hours flashhigh and flashvhigh modes of some programmes have downloaded without
ERROR: HandleCtrl: Ignoring SWFVerification request, no CRYPTO support!
It hasn't gone completely. The flashhigh mode of last night's Lark Rise to Candleford had it at the start, but it wasn't repeated when it resumed after the first interruption at 13.1%, and the download then completed without further interruption.
JohnDinton

Postby neuralnet » 07 Mar 2010 19:46

Yup, I'm very happy to report that I noticed the Crypto Errors had stopped too.

Hurray !
neuralnet

Postby iPlayerOnTV » 07 Mar 2010 20:46

I see the BBC have put a note out on enabling SWF verification - BBC iPlayer Content Protection Enhancements
iPlayerOnTV

Postby Chris_BBR » 07 Mar 2010 22:03

neuralnet wrote:Yup, I'm very happy to report that I noticed the Crypto Errors had stopped too.

But they're still there on flashhd1/flashhd2, and still causing get_iplayer v2.72 and flvstreamer v2.1c1 to keep re-downloading the same short segment ad infinitum, looping between the "RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body" and "Ignoring SWFVerification request, no CRYPTO support" errors as I reported before.

Cheers, Chris
Chris_BBR

Postby linuxcentre » 07 Mar 2010 22:53

Chris_BBR wrote:But they're still there on flashhd1/flashhd2, and still causing get_iplayer v2.72 and flvstreamer v2.1c1 to keep re-downloading the same short segment ad infinitum, looping between the "RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body" and "Ignoring SWFVerification request, no CRYPTO support" errors as I reported before.

Cheers, Chris

Hi Chris, I looked into your problem. My conclusion is that your streaming speed is so low that you don't get a full frame for it to resume past within the time you are connected to the flash server. My advice: get a faster connection or just use a lower quality stream.
linuxcentre
Site Admin

Postby Chris_BBR » 08 Mar 2010 17:38

linuxcentre wrote:Hi Chris, I looked into your problem. My conclusion is that your streaming speed is so low that you don't get a full frame for it to resume past within the time you are connected to the flash server.

Thanks for taking the time to investigate. Excuse me for being a bit thick, though, but I don't understand what you mean by 'full frame' - even with a looping segment of ~6 seconds @ 25fps there are ~150 frames, no? Are you actually referring to keyframes?

linuxcentre wrote:My advice: get a faster connection

I wish! I'm already at the top limit of what my phone line can provide at this distance from the exchange.

linuxcentre wrote:or just use a lower quality stream.

Sadly, that for me somewhat defeats the main object of using get_iplayer, as I was hoping the HD streams would be a great upgrade to my existing SD workflow of Freeview->EyeTV->Apple TV. Oh well!

In the meantime, then, I'll (a) keep pinging the iPlayer servers periodically for when SWFVerification is turned off, because then HD downloads come through fine at the first attempt; (b) wait for flvstreamer to add SWF verification support like rtmpdump has already; and (c) keep digging through rtmpdump's openssl dependencies until it compiles cleanly for me.

Cheers, Chris
Chris_BBR

Postby linuxcentre » 08 Mar 2010 17:49

Chris_BBR wrote:Excuse me for being a bit thick, though, but I don't understand what you mean by 'full frame' - even with a looping segment of ~6 seconds @ 25fps there are ~150 frames, no? Are you actually referring to keyframes?

Yes I think I might be ?! :-) (I'm not an expert here)

Chris_BBR wrote:...(b) wait for flvstreamer to add SWF verification support like rtmpdump has already...

That just is not going to happen. flvstreamer was forked specfically to remove that same SWF verification feature.
linuxcentre
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to help