Apr 27 2009
Update 6th May 2009: You might want to read this first…
You are now able to search, index, record and watch Channel4′s 4oD without Adobe flash on most platforms using the latest release of the open source get_iplayer. And, best of all – it is DRM free…
This is possible thanks to today’s release of rtmpdump v1.5 by Andrej Stepanchuk which now supports adobe’s obfuscated RTMPE protocol.
To get this working do the following:
- Use the download page to get a new version of rtmpdump and update get_iplayer to the latest version (1.73). (use get_iplayer –update)
- Re-install the new Windows Automated Installer from here – it will then update to a working ffmpeg and rtmpdump v1.5.
- Search for a programme:
get_iplayer –type=ch4 Shameless
- Record the programme that is number 40123 in the resulting index:
get_iplayer –type=ch4 –get 40123
You can also record a programme if you suplly a 4oD url:
- Find the programme on the Channel4 4oD web site and copy the link location of the programme.
- Run get_iplayer as follows:
- Or just: get_iplayer –pid=ch4:2872545